Wednesday

Review: Love

Unusual in having begun as a literary device and ended as a psychotic illness, love has nevertheless gained widespread popularity as far afield as south east Asia.

It’s now mostly confined to the narrative arts (films, novels etc), and is characterised by an inability to complete sentences.

In the 1960s, hippies thought that love would eventually bring about an anarchic utopia as parliaments gathered to blush, look at their feet and say “Well, um, I…”. In fact, it has only speeded up the advance of global capitalism as lovers delight in their similar choice of sportswear or soft drink. “We have so much in common! We both like the zoo!”

Love: Useful in advertising perfume, but poorly edited. 4 out of 10.

5 Comments:

At 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a charming blog. I hope you receive an enormous advance for it.

 
At 12:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that reads rather tersely, but my compliments are perfectly sincere. I trust you are as well as your effervescent prose would seem to indicate.

God, I really must do something about this dour tone of mine.

 
At 12:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you ed lake. why dont you email me?

 
At 1:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I don't know. I'm not sure I have your address. I don't think there's any more to it than that.

 
At 3:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haaaaannah!

Love isn't that bad. It's the sex part that fucks everything.

O xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home