Wednesday

Review: Other people

Putting irony and facetiousness to one side for a moment, which is very hard for me: God, aren’t other people great? What would I do without them? I’d be bored witless. I’m always surprised by how few people break down on Desert Island Discs during Sue Lawley’s interrogation and confess that actually, left on a desert island with only an aria from The Marriage of Figaro and the complete works of Shakespeare for company, they'd commit suicide using the complimentary Bible. Like in the film Saw,* only with a Bible instead of a saw.

Even when other people are perplexing, which is often, or when they ask me to do things I don’t know how to do – “could you PDF the screenshot over to the motherboard?” they ask me, and I look at them blankly, adoringly – they still provide endless material for analysis, angst, interpretation and spite. The world would be naught but an unvisited zoo without them.

*No, I haven't seen it. It sounds extremely distressing. If I wanted to feel extremely distressed, I would force myself to look at spiders instead of going to the cinema.

Other people: Look at you all, with your little faces! 10 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home